[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 77: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
• View topic - Sure is quiet in here!

Sure is quiet in here!

a place to talk about Warhammer Fantasy

Sure is quiet in here!

Postby Levraininjaneer » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Hello fellow generals and friends of old

I am back from my stint in France (since 2016) and I see the Warhammer Fantasy scene is a sight for sore eyes... I hear that the Joburg folks have taken up the balance-is-not-an-issue-it's-all-tactics Kings of War and that the CT folks have mostly just left Fantasy behind in favor of 40k, and some other stuff.

All this gives me a sad, especially since I'll be residing in Cape Town's Southern Suburbs.

But I just want to see who's still even reading posts here? Would anyone (around CT) want to rouse the dragons of old and play a game of Fantasy 8th ed with me?
Cheers
LeVrai Ninjaneer (aka Pieka)

...it turns out that when you're stuck in the mud, it matters whether there's a couple of thousand guys pointing longbows at you or not. (on The Battle of Agincourt)
Levraininjaneer
lieutenant

Re: Sure is quiet in here!

Postby GeriatricGit » Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:46 pm

Hey Pieka. Long time! Things aren't quite as bad as you've made them sound. 8th Ed has unfortunately moved on, it's true, but a fair few people are playing Age of Sigmar now. We've actually just started a new AoS Slow Grow league that's in its first week at the store. Pop by some time and say hi and we can reminisce about the good old days of Warhammer Fantasy Nationals.
Pandemonium Games
Webstore: http://www.pandemoniumgames.co.za
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandemoniumGamesSA/

Like us on Facebook to receive regular updates on new stock, events and specials.
GeriatricGit
brigadier-general

Postby geekgrrrl » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:47 am

Also keep in mind that GW is going to be rolling out "Warhammer: The Old World" soonish, kinda the fantasy equivalent of The Horus Heresy, and harking back to WHFB. In the meantime, your WHFB minis are for the most part still usable in Age of Sigmar - As I recall the various Free Cities forces mostly make use of the old minis. You really should give Kings of War a go as well - it's a pretty good game and plays VERY quick considering the scale of battle, and the rules are available for free online.

Here's the announcement article at BOLS from last year in case you missed it:
https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2019/11 ... rning.html

I'd speculate on a release towards the end of next year or Summer 2022, going by the announcement, but yeah, AoS or KoW should hopefully serve as acceptable stand-ins in the meantime.
geekgrrrl
captain

Postby Dark Angel » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:34 am

Yea sadly fantasy has fractured. AoS has a following and is getting traction and there is a KOW community as well but it feels to me like neither has critical mass...
I spend most of my money on Warhammer and games, the rest is just wasted.

Eli "Dragon Slayer" Golovey
Dark Angel
WHG Lawman

Postby geekgrrrl » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:12 pm

geekgrrrl
captain

Postby Doc Rot » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:27 am

Hey up. Hope France treated you well. In the Dirty Armpit of SA, we're all in on KoW, with most playing that. There is a small group of people playing AoS. But not many (maybe 2 or 3), As always, 40k is king. Don't think anyone will be into Old World when it comes out, as old warhammer was super clunky and most had had enough of it by the end, not to mention we've multi-based everything now.
Doc Rot
brigadier-general

Postby geekgrrrl » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:17 am

geekgrrrl
captain

Postby Doc Rot » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:35 am

PE
Doc Rot
brigadier-general