BFG Demo

Chat about anything Battle Fleet Gothic related

BFG Demo

Postby Rift » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:15 pm

I’ve watched the BFG game between Mr. Strange and Da_Imp, I’m pretty keen to learn how this system works. Anybody keen to give me a demo game somewhere along the line, I’ve downloaded the rules. How many points make for a good game?

Is there any Chaos players out there that can give me some tips on their fleet?
Death, destruction and decay, the worst of which is death.... and DEATH will have its DAY!!

"...Cellar Door..."
Rift
general

Postby DaImp » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:27 pm

We are going to be playing 750 points as a way of learning the game. A regular fleet is 1500 points - basically the same as a 40k army. This is the size we will be working towards.

The only chaos players I know of are Garth (in the UK now) and Gavin (who we never see at the club anymore) so I am not sure who can advise you on the Chaos fleet. From what I understand though it is a heavy ordinance (fighters and bombers) and boarding action type fleet. basically get in close and rip your opponent to shreds.

There are several players who are all in the same boat as you, all needing to learn the rules. Well, we are all learning the rules, I have only played 3 games. So if you have read the rulebook you are pretty much there. Get a fleet together and arrange a game :) I am not going to be able to play on Wed but maybe one of the other players is willing to try a game and learn the rules with you?
Jonathan Merry
Warhammer Generals head honcho

Check out my WHFB 3rd Edition blog: http://oldhammergenerals.blogspot.com
DaImp
general

Postby Griffonstone » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:20 pm

Like I explained to Mr Cecil if you are not sure what to play with in your fleet just print some scans of ships put them onto flying bases and give it a bash with that. Then if you like the ship and or game system you can then go ahead and buy the fleet.

Cheers.
Dum de dum de dum!! Everybody dance!!!
Griffonstone
major

Return to BFG