spread of armies

a place to talk about Warhammer 40K

Re: spread of armies

Postby Henning.2 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:18 pm

I am starting to feel the same with my Drukhari...

Maybe I should look for more AM opponents
Henning.2
private

Postby Doc Rot » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:48 am

q21 wrote:They shoot many bullets that ignore line of site and have range forever - either lots of quality shots or absolute boatloads of anti infantry shots. Their upper tier is t8, 3+ save with excellent weapons at generally cheaper than the same sort of thing in other armies. They have screening chaff that is cheap, fast and can, at times, generate enough shots to be genuinely threatening. They have the capacity to fill out double battalion or a brigade without negatively impacting overall army efficiency, giving them huge numbers of cp to start with, on top of which they have the most efficient cp farm in the game, on top of which they have some bonkers powerful stratagems.

They certainly aren't autowin (You still have to build a good list, deploy well and pick your target order intelligently), but they do have, imo, the best codex in the game.

I've stopped playing them cos it actually isn't fun to just curbstomp people left, right and centre.

I think we're playing different imperial guard. Mine just tend to die......in droves.
A stranger in a strange land

Visit the Eastern Cape Warlords - Wargaming Club at
www.facebook.com/easterncapewarlords
Doc Rot
brigadier-general

Postby q21 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:52 am

Yeah.... but you have 200 of the mofos.
You know those times when you wish you could think of something funny or interesting to say, but just can't... yeah, this is one of those times.
q21
major

Postby Brindley U » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:41 am

q21 wrote:They shoot many bullets that ignore line of site and have range forever - either lots of quality shots or absolute boatloads of anti infantry shots. Their upper tier is t8, 3+ save with excellent weapons at generally cheaper than the same sort of thing in other armies. They have screening chaff that is cheap, fast and can, at times, generate enough shots to be genuinely threatening. They have the capacity to fill out double battalion or a brigade without negatively impacting overall army efficiency, giving them huge numbers of cp to start with, on top of which they have the most efficient cp farm in the game, on top of which they have some bonkers powerful stratagems.

They certainly aren't autowin (You still have to build a good list, deploy well and pick your target order intelligently), but they do have, imo, the best codex in the game.

I've stopped playing them cos it actually isn't fun to just curbstomp people left, right and centre.

Quoting this for truth. They're an incredibly powerful army - possibly the best out there.
Brindley U
colonel

Previous

Return to 40K chat