DARK HERESY (40K Role Playing)

Chat about anything Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay related

DARK HERESY (40K Role Playing)

Postby Baldrick » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:39 am

Hello all,

I was just wondering if there was any active Dark Heresy Role Playing going/happening on out there? and what people thought of the game, if there was.

I know there was/is a group of players at Warfair that are , or were, playing.

I got the Main Rulebook and the Inquisitors Rulebook for Christmas (present from me to me), and have slowly been working my way through it/them. The game looks great. But I was just wondering what people/gamers out there thought of the game, and if there is any active gaming actually taking place.

I was thinking of talking to the guys from Warfair about their gaming, but with my hectic, and random work schedules taking me out of the country on a regular basis, I thought better of it, and gave up on the idea.

Any feedback on this gaming system would be great....

8)
Baldrick
"What we got here is a failure to communicate".....Ordo Hereticus
Baldrick
general

Re: DARK HERESY (40K Role Playing)

Postby The Emperor of Chaos » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:53 am

I am heavily into Inquisitor. Just have nobody to play with.
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!
The Emperor of Chaos
major

Postby Rorrak » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:09 pm

Sarel is currently running two groups at Warzone, each one on an alternate weekend.

I believe the plan is that we will eventually be "against" each other.
Both groups are full though, at least I think so.

Our first session didn't actually see too much of the system, it was mostly story and roleplay and while that is great any system works well on those terms :)
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Azmodan » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:55 pm

The Emperor of Chaos wrote:I am heavily into Inquisitor. Just have nobody to play with.

I have always been interested in this game thingy called Inquisitor but have felt that whilst the models are cool, collecting yet another game with figs of a different scale [along with all the scenery requirements] just way too much hassle. As someone who has played/has rules etc is it feasible to play this game with normal 40K figs? If so what a pleasure - now we can really get going with our Inquisitoral retinues!
Azmodan
general

Postby Danie Smit » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Just a note:

Dark Heresy will now not be the only 40KRP anymore. FFG has announced that Rogue Trader will be coming soon. Thankfully the systems will be fully interchangable.

And here Sarel was making up rules for Rogue Trader stuff when the rulebook is but a few months off :)

EDIT: http://new.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=417
'SETTRA DOES NOT SERVE' he shouted, trembling with rage.
'SETTRA RULES'
Danie Smit
general

Postby sie42 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:57 pm

I was under the impression that Dark Heresy had pegged it in a bad way - on that site I read it was on overwhelming success. Much like my comments on the WFRP thread, if there is a W40KRPG group, dark heresy, rogue trader, I don't care, if they have a free space, I'd love to join.. i'd even pay to join!
- Simon Strehler -
Do not let your left hand know what you right hand is doing
http://www.facebook.com/fistfightza
http://www.simonstrehler.com
sie42
major

Postby The Emperor of Chaos » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Why not use 40k scale models? I mean there is no concrete rule against using 40k models in Inquisitor.
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!
The Emperor of Chaos
major

Postby The Emperor of Chaos » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:51 am

Oh and by the way, I have never actually found anyone to play Inquisitor with, but I do know that there are hundreds of Inquisitor players in the world that never even touched a real Inquisitor scale model, let alone own one. And neither do I.

Simply put, you can use coins for proxies and use them with great success with enough imaginagtion.
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!
The Emperor of Chaos
major

Postby Azmodan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:31 pm

Coins? Now that is Heresy! [note the capitalisation]. I have to say I would only play if there were miniatures and some cool scenery but then thats just me - I wouldnt go for the Inquisitor scale models though. For me gaming is as much about the models and making scenery as the game mechanics. The beauty of being able to use 40K scale is that all the scenery you make can be used for WH40K or necromunda as well.
Azmodan
general

Postby The Emperor of Chaos » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Problem solved. :mrgreen:
SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK!
The Emperor of Chaos
major

Return to Warhammer Roleplay