War machines in WFRP

Chat about anything Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay related

War machines in WFRP

Postby Ash » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know how war machines work in warhammer role playing? I have the old world armory but that only has rules for a battering ram and a bolt thrower.

Thanks,
Ash
"Athel Loren shall not suffer the presence of Men, nor Orcs, nor Dwarfs, nor Beastmen. If a foe takes a single step upon such sacred soil, they shall not take another." - Skarloc, Mist Walker of Athel Loren

@AGFourie
Ash
lieutenant-general

Re: War machines in WFRP

Postby Ash » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:44 pm

Wow, only 5 views and no replies... guess not many ppl play/interested in WFRP.
"Athel Loren shall not suffer the presence of Men, nor Orcs, nor Dwarfs, nor Beastmen. If a foe takes a single step upon such sacred soil, they shall not take another." - Skarloc, Mist Walker of Athel Loren

@AGFourie
Ash
lieutenant-general

Postby Rorrak » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Interesting assumption you made.

I GM and play regularly.
When I saw the question I did not have my rule book with me and still don't. Its not something that comes up much, if at all, so I don't know off hand.
What does the bolt thrower say?

I should imagine a cannon would be something like.
Strength 10, Impact, Armour does not reduce damage. Ball hits a square and passes through D10 Squares. Nominate target square and add D10 for starting square.

Stone thrower. Nominate a square. Use firers BS, if its a hit then use that square. If its miss then scatter using D8 to Determine direction for D10 Squares.
Square hit takes a Strength 8 impact hit, Armour does not reduce damage. Surrounding squares take a Strength 4 impact hit and Armour does not reduce damage.

Use firers BS for any ulrics fury hits.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Ash » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:28 pm

Awesome, thanks very much.

@AGFourie
Ash
lieutenant-general

Postby Rorrak » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Thats not official, just what I would do if I was use those weapons in WFRP since there are no rules for them.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Vann Harl » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:40 am

*sigh*
so keen on playing WFRP again.
Visit the Eastern Cape Warlords - Wargaming Club at
www.facebook.com/easterncapewarlords

Also: Traveling representative and espouser of good natured comments for - Durban War Games Group http://durban.wargamesclub.co.za/
Vann Harl
corporal

Return to Warhammer Roleplay