Tricks for cyganr players

Discuss all things Warmachine and Hordes related

Tricks for cyganr players

Postby Dobster » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:58 pm

Well folks i see there are a few cygnar players around so i'll just share some tricks and tips to use.(other factions watch your backs)

Darius:

Half-jack nukes - make sure your half jacks are 2" within each other, cast meltdown on one and the one blows up, and the one will trigger the rest and anything within 2" of these devils take automatic pow 14 hit. Great for solos, units and opponents face when you pull it off.

Centurion bullet - activate Darius crane a cent forward, cast full throttle, charge away, lets see thats 7" for crane + 4" movement + 2" full throttle + 3" charge + 2" reach = 18" bullet with 3dice to hit, and focus to burn

Moveable turret - needs a defender. simple crane your defender into firing position, you keep the aiming bonus:)

General:

Ride the lightning 1 - needs a centurion or any jack for that matter and stormgaurd. Park a jack 2" within the high def model, have stormguard wack the jack, electro - leaps to high def model.

Ride the lightning 2 - needs caine and stormlances, cast snipe and deadeye on stormlances. Then do a ride-by-attack with the stormlances 12" range + boosted attack rolls, and the ability to move into position.

Meat shield with a punch - needs an arcane shield and stormlances, cast arcane shield on the lances and you have ARM 20 lances that can take punishment and still hit like a ton o' bricks. Add Stryker and you have ARM 25 lances....can i say unkillable?

Sucker punch - needs a hunter. have the hunter AD move forward pop something and drop the reserve tank to hid away... if my maths is right you can shoot at something 4" inch into your opponents deployment zone. before he/she has a chance to buff up. Can also be done with snipe, other AD troops, and warcaster for varied results.

Jack sock - WARNING do not use this trick unless you have no other means of winning. Stick a jack in your sock and club your opponent's head... i've never used this trip before but i hear it works, an unconscious player cant play.
Will sell soul for minis

Veteran of the Lael Invasion
Dobster
corporal

Postby Lord_Pawn » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:09 am

Nobody is allowed to play Darius in the first place so none of this matters :P . Good stuff, except ive been on the receiving end of this before :cry: .
Lord_Pawn
sergeant

Postby Azmodan » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:56 am

Methinks its time to assemble my Darius Model....

btw when you arm a halfjack and replace it with a mine counter can the mine still be targeted for attacks, shooting etc?
Azmodan
general

Postby Dobster » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:27 pm

@ Azmodan

No to my understanding mines in essence part of the terrain. On the card it mentions that its a "marker" so i don't think you can target markers.

@ Lord_Pawn

Yes Darius is bad@ss, but there are always counters. Butcher for khador, Dirty D for cryx, and kreoss for POM.

Butcher i have always had trouble wacking the big man as he is tough as nails.

Dirty D's debuff really really really make my warjacks into teddyjacks

kreoss's lamentation forces me to choose which mean spells I need and not all of them.
Will sell soul for minis

Dobster
corporal

Postby Rorrak » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:52 pm

interesting, very interesting.

So there IS some muttering about balance?
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Lord_Pawn » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:22 pm

I play Hordes not Warmachine, yet I *could* have a counter for the future if i run into him again. The biggest weakness of Darius is that if he cant cast spells hes not as effective, sure theres the crane, but fortify and full throttle goes out the window.
Lord_Pawn
sergeant

Postby Dobster » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:03 pm

Everything in warmachine is Cheese, its just each factions has its own cheese to counter other faction's cheese.

nulling magic is there, but the draw back is that it normally have a range, so long as Darius stays out of that range all's good
Will sell soul for minis

Dobster
corporal

Return to Warmachine/ Hordes