Menoth Solo Reclaimer question.

Discuss all things Warmachine and Hordes related

Menoth Solo Reclaimer question.

Postby Rorrak » Tue May 05, 2015 11:54 am

So I used to play it that if he had a soul token on him that as soon as an enemy model entered into space within 2 inches of him that model took a wound.

Then I changed my thinking and played it as end of activation (which allows an attack first) and have been playing it like that for a while a little embarrassed that I may have cheated in the past.

However, I re-read the card last knight and am back in the camp that I was right the first time.

You be the judge and tell me :)

Soulstorm - While this model has one or more soul tokens, enemy models entering or ending the activation within 2" of it immediately suffer 1 wound.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Re: Menoth Solo Reclaimer question.

Postby Lego-Pup » Tue May 05, 2015 12:51 pm

You were right the first time. There are two conditions for taking 1 wound. If you enter within 2" you take 1 wound, or if you end activation within 2" you take one wound.

Here is the relevant infernal ruling
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthr ... ost1218442
Lego-Pup
sergeant

Postby Rorrak » Tue May 05, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks for the link.
When I mentioned it to my son last night he too said. Yea, it works like Kreugers feat.

When I read it again I could not for the life of me remember why I interpreted it incorrectly when I changed my mind. I just always want to be sure of something.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Menset » Wed May 06, 2015 4:49 pm

Rorrak wrote:When I read it again I could not for the life of me remember why I interpreted it incorrectly when I changed my mind. I just always want to be sure of something.

Could it have been that one time a model activated when it was already within 2" of you attacked and then died?

This is a very common wording on abilities. Enter or End Activation -> Triggers something.

P.S. Glad you back Rorrak
Kelvin Jones

Unleash the Power of the Storm!
Menset
lieutenant-general

Postby Rorrak » Thu May 07, 2015 11:04 am

Nope I remember the event clarly. Something wanted to charge my reclaimer from far out.
I warned the player about the painful death soulstorm would cause and he asked me to check the card if it was "Ends activation". I checked, and sure enough the words ends activation was there and so I started getting it wrong.
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Return to Warmachine/ Hordes