Who scored and who did not with the latest releases?

Discuss all things Warmachine and Hordes related

Who scored and who did not with the latest releases?

Postby Rorrak » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:36 am

If you haven't seen them. Search for "Chain attack" on facebook and then look at the pictures.

Menoth did pretty well.
Anson Durst not only looks good as a model I think its a usable caster. I like his feat, I like his spell list and his abilities are very very useful.
Hand of Judgement is amazing! Instant purchase.
Purifier Trying to decide if I like him. Probably not.
Pyrrhus is a definate toolbox. I quite like him.
Revelator. He is good, but .... not sure he is better than Judy. On paper he is but with which caster? Maybe he is but do I really want to paint another colossal.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Re: Who scored and who did not with the latest releases?

Postby Total Gee » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:24 am

Well as far as RoS go

Thyron - Is so good, definitely in the upper half of RoS casters.
Moros - Not great, he can work his way into a list here and there.
Helios - Not sure about this guy, given how much work Hype gets from shooting. I will test him out.
Electromancers - These guys on paper look so good. Huge out put at a 16" threat, but def13 arm12...
Voidtracer - not that I was in need for a one point filler, this guys stats are bonkers for 1 point.

I'm happy with this release for RoS and quite eager to try it all.
Total Gee
general

Postby Charles » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:47 am

Anson Durst I like ,but then I like anything in Examplar armour
Revelator Yes , will work very well with most shooty PoM lists, that's having Stealth issues and magical shooting is awesome bonus, I think very good. Sigh ...another colossal so he will need to wait a bit.
Hand of Judgement , Not sure. But will work very well for EFeora
Pyrrhus - Def Buy, he just made Flameguard even more awesome give them a bit of punch.
Purifier - Not sure, but will have to try him out looks like he can work well with Anson feat against models with buklers and shields.

No complaints about them, Very Happy.

But ... Legion Warlock Unit of Ryas and Saeryn had my mouth hanging open, I soooo want that.
I might not like Haley but her new version looks amazing, very interesting idea.
"If you didn't believe in the Creator before, you will today." - Long Gunner Sergeant Terschel Bannock to fresh recruit sent into battle against the Knights Exemplar.
Charles
brigadier-general

Postby Rorrak » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:29 pm

Charles wrote:Hand of Judgement , Not sure. But will work very well for EFeora

Yes indeed. His own spray is flaming so gets +2 to Damage at 5 inches. So Effective Power 18 Flamer (choir)
Everyone that is burning takes +2 Damage rolls. (Effective power 14 burning rolls)
He is accurate with Feora. (Feora is a good caster and this matters because being good with a specific caster is only good if that caster sees battle)
He is speed 5 with Reach (+2 movement with Feora) (Threat 12)
A vassal can give him a "free" charge if the target is 8 inches away by making him shoot his own flamer to set it alight.

As I said. For me an instant purchase.

Charles wrote:But ... Legion Warlock Unit of Ryas and Saeryn had my mouth hanging open, I soooo want that.

They kind of have the feel of the wood elf twin sisters. I was hearing a general unhappiness about them this weekend but to me they look very interesting. The only thing, their life totals are sooo low they may be very difficult to use.

Charles wrote:I might not like Haley but her new version looks amazing, very interesting idea.

I'm not sure why you don't like Haley, unless you are talking about the other side of the table perspective :)

Played against her (proxy) on Saturday and Marco had some very interesting early ideas. Trickier to use than the other Haley's though.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby joppie » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:58 pm

Victor is better than Konquest, in my opinion anyway. Did you see that siege mortar? Rng20 arcing fire, sure it's inaccurate, but solos and support will just die
Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds it's certainty.
joppie
general

Postby und_ed » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:31 pm

Cryx had a fairly lacklustre release, not too surprising:

Deneghra3 Basically epic Terminus, but one that hits less hard and is much more difficult to keep alive. Really disappointing considering the awesome model, biggest let-down since the Archangel
Barathrum Interesting character jack that can't quite justify its own points cost. Coming in at the same cost as Nightmare this guy cannot do what Nightmare does. Might see some play as a partner to Nightmare with Skarre2, but otherwise not much place for him in a faction that already struggles to justify warjacks.
bonejack-thingy Has anyone ever seen Cricle players using a razorwing griffon? No? Then why did PP think we would need one without even having the Fury mechanic?
Soul trapper This guy is great. Winner of the cryx release, I can see two or even four of these fitting themselves into many a Cryx list.
Sepulchre Looks very usable, bringing stronger firepower than the Kraken albeit at shorter RNG with an intrigueing recursion mechanic, lacking a bit in the versatility the Kraken brings and being a bit pillow-fisted for a colossal with no means to fix that. Being a point cheaper is pretty sweet, though.

I'm horribly disappointed in the twins, though. For a warlock unit I've wanted for so long to be so, well, pathetic just galls me. They die to boosted blast damage, even if they hold on to stealth through Occultation. Combined with their awful spell list and... OK, I'll stop now. Just horrible.
Coprophilia - it's a dirty business, but at least it's better than staring at Dark Angel across the table.
-Ed.
und_ed
Lover of all things elvish

Postby Charles » Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Deneghra3 Basically epic Terminus, but one that hits less hard and is much more difficult to keep alive. Really disappointing considering the awesome model, biggest let-down since the Archangel

Pics please,

@Rorak: It's personal between me and Haley, Ashmodan's Haley caused me a bit of Trauma.
"If you didn't believe in the Creator before, you will today." - Long Gunner Sergeant Terschel Bannock to fresh recruit sent into battle against the Knights Exemplar.
Charles
brigadier-general

Postby und_ed » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 am

Pics from the NQ batrep between Denny3 and Haley3:

http://criticalsmite.com/2015/05/07/spo ... y-haley-3/
Coprophilia - it's a dirty business, but at least it's better than staring at Dark Angel across the table.
-Ed.
und_ed
Lover of all things elvish

Postby R.I.P. » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:27 am

I only care about the twins. And I am not disappointed. This is all still theory as I have yet to put them on the table but.

2 Warlocks for the price of 1. 12 Fury combined... As for the spell list, well here goes.

Onslaught : Typhon, Legionares, Swordsmen all benefit greatly from this. Combined with Marked for death Legos and Swordsmen can charge through forests.

Flashing Blade : This is awesome. Combined with predators instinct this is going to decimate. Or Slaughterhouse to murder tough guys. Also allows for feat shenanigans.

Occultation : So many cool uses for this. Raptors always come to mind. Also pretty good to keep the twins themselves safe.

Banishing Ward : Situationally brilliant.

Blood Rain : Who doesn't like nukes. And as its an AOE it can be used to kill Rhyas for feat assassinations.

Marked for Death : This to me is the winner. It is such a good spell. - 2 Def for just 2 fury is already good. Removing incorporeal, I hate blackbanes ghost raiders no more and hello blood witches hows that mini feat? Remove stealth, raptors, deathstalkers and rangers are all going to love this bit. Then ignore LOS in a faction with ravagores and raptors. Combined with the ability to land it pretty much anywhere you want via Zuriel or Rhyas this is definitely going to blow some unsuspecting and even suspecting casters up.

Psychic Vampire : Who hates druids? This will make circle players think twice about dropping the anti legion list with druids in it against you. And if they do its just money.

Razor Wind : Because one nuke is just not enough.

At first glance I thought the feat was meh but after thinking about it it actually seems really cool. Anyway thats my initial thoughts. Pretty sure they are going to be sweet on the table.
Beer for the Blood God!
R.I.P.
corporal

Postby Charles » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:33 pm

Agree with R.I.P, so many combinations come to mind to kill things :)

Thank Ed, it looks ssoooo Good but will check the rules out later.
Charles
brigadier-general

Postby Total Gee » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:56 pm

So seems every one is in agreement that RoS won, we can pretty much close this thread down.

Thyron Hoorah!!!
Total Gee
general

Postby Menset » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:33 pm

Haley 3(On my purchase list)
Brings something Cygnar do not have. I really like her, but don't tell Rift, and I think she is going to force me to buy some trenchers now. Haven't been a massive fan of them since before their fall from grace.

I can see so much potential for revive and ghostwalk, in fact her entire spell list is awesome.

Ace (Caines Character Hunter, On my purchase list)
As Rorrak stated earlier same thing applies here:
He is accurate with Feora. (Feora is a good caster and this matters because being good with a specific caster is only good if that caster sees battle)

This little guy is amazing with Caine, Trick shot (aka non-magic bullet) and Shadow Fire or even just a turn of stealth (Up yours RoS and your first turn harass)......I lost my mind a bit when I saw him. I loved the Way of Caine Novel that PP released and have wished for Ace since then.
For pCaine he is awesome using WJ points +1 or +2 for eCaine....well worth it. I doubt I would ever see him outside a Caine list.

Trench Buster
Not sure about this guy. I was hoping that this was a official Cygnar multi-wound unit. That his ranged attack puts down a cloud is a bit silly but I will have to give it more thought. I guess he has assault so it is maybe meant to provide cover after he has killed his charge target. Flank trencher is cute but no reach and a fat base....makes it hard to get off.

Hurricane (On my purchase list)
Ain’t no Stormwall. Think PP learnt their lesson, like we will never see a Haley 2 again.
The pushback and short range on the Pow 16 gun is really counterproductive but I suppose they are meant to be used to get the big guy out of combat so they can arch node through him. Luckily Haley3 and her ghostly will come in very handing getting this guy out of combat.

I see him working well with Nemo 3 and some of our other casters.

Over all I think Cygnar got some nice pieces. Haley3 is a "gameplay" changer for us and that is always a good thing. 1 dimensional armies can be boring.
Kelvin Jones

Unleash the Power of the Storm!
Menset
lieutenant-general

Postby Menset » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:35 pm

Total Gee wrote:So seems every one is in agreement that RoS won, we can pretty much close this thread down.

Thyron Hoorah!!!

What twaddle are you on about RoS won nothing....they are all dying....All Elves need to die....except untainted Nyss.
Kelvin Jones

Unleash the Power of the Storm!
Menset
lieutenant-general

Postby Total Gee » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Menset wrote:Gee is the master of the universe, Hail RoS Hail Elves and Hail Gee

you spoke to my heart bro!
Total Gee
general

Postby The italian job » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:43 pm

Regarding Khador:

eZerkova: surely interesting. Sacred wards, upkeep removals, a brand new spell that boost magic rolls and horrofrost looks solid. She also can make any model an arcnode, something quite new for Khador. Her fear is quite strange and allow lots of shenanigans with stuff like Alexia 1, Outriders and so on. Her spell array is quite weird to understand the potentiality before fielding her.

Ruin: best jack ever. 'nuff said

Rager: in faction shield guard isn't bad. There is a bad competition anyway from Raluk + Vanguard module.

Mad dog: loltramping junk.

Victor: better than the other Khador colossal, without doubt. Same melee power, more useful gun, way better nipple guns and 1 point less. People are starting to cook lists with Harkevich and 2 Victors, but I'm not a fan of the 2 colossal modules.
Mi dispiace, ma io so' io e voi non siete un cazzo!
The italian job
major

Next

Return to Warmachine/ Hordes