Heavy Cavalry rules query.

Discuss all things Warmachine and Hordes related

Heavy Cavalry rules query.

Postby Rorrak » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:25 am

I had this come up the other day and and we made a ruling that I agreed with.
Now I'm not so sure.

My heavy Cav model charges a model. When it moves into base to base with that model it also is 0.5 inches from two other models. I do impact hits against all 3 and two of the models die including the charge target.

Now we ruled that I had not completed my charge move because impact hits are resolved before completing the move so I could no longer reach my charge target and thus could not make my attack action.

However the rule says. If your charge target is the first model you contact you may "Still" do impact hits against it. Does that imply that you completed your charge or not? I believe it does.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Re: Heavy Cavalry rules query.

Postby Lego-Pup » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:11 am

You played it right. Killing the charge target with your impact attack means you fail your charge and even have to to keep moving if you have movement left (ie SPD+3").

Here's a rules post to confirm
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthr ... ack+charge
Lego-Pup
sergeant

Postby Rorrak » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:43 am

Thanks,
And another. (This time with an infernal posting)

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthr ... mpact+hits

That could leave your model where you don't want it :)
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby joppie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Aren't impact attacks optional? can't you choose not to attack charge target with impact?
Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds it's certainty.
joppie
general

Postby The italian job » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:02 pm

joppie wrote:Aren't impact attacks optional? can't you choose not to attack charge target with impact?

Yep, you can choose to stop at 2" if you got reach.
Mi dispiace, ma io so' io e voi non siete un cazzo!
The italian job
major

Postby Rorrak » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:41 pm

joppie wrote:Aren't impact attacks optional? can't you choose not to attack charge target with impact?

Not quite. Yes the impact is optional but its all or nothing. If you use the impact hit you must hit all models (including friendlies) that are in range.
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Return to Warmachine/ Hordes