New Editions

Discuss all things Warmachine and Hordes related

New Editions

Postby GeriatricGit » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Just posted up on the PP website: http://privateerpress.com/press-release ... and-hordes

A snippet from the full post:

"Bellevue, WA, April 11, 2016 — Privateer Press has announced new editions of its award-winning WARMACHINE and HORDES tabletop miniatures games. The new editions will be released worldwide in independent hobby game stores on June 29, 2016. Privateer Press will release the new Core Rules for each game for free online on June 12, 2016. Players will get their first chance to play the new edition at Lock & Load GameFest 2016 in Bellevue, WA, held June 10-12.

“The current editions of the games are now six years old,” said WARMACHINE and HORDES creator and Chief Creative Officer Matt Wilson. “During that time we've accumulated a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience from observing, listening to, and interacting with our worldwide community of players and retailers about how to continue to improve their experience with our games. After years of intensive work, we’re finally ready to share the outcome of that process and give our community what they’ve been asking for in our games.”

The new editions of WARMACHINE and HORDES have been updated and redesigned to be quicker to learn while providing a more intuitive game play experience. Releasing alongside the new core rulebooks—WARMACHINE: Prime and HORDES: Primal—will be twelve new Faction Decks, one for each faction in the games. Each Faction Deck contains copies of every stat card previously released for that faction, updating a player’s entire card collection to the new edition.

Additionally, nine new Battlegroup Starter Boxes will be available at launch, and each one will introduce a new warcaster or warlock character to the games along with all the models needed to form a complete starting battlegroup."
Pandemonium Games
Webstore: http://www.pandemoniumgames.co.za
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandemoniumGamesSA/

Like us on Facebook to receive regular updates on new stock, events and specials.
GeriatricGit
brigadier-general

Re: New Editions

Postby joppie » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:25 pm

Will wait and see what happens. I really hope this balances game. Some units are too auto include
Fear accompanies the possibility of death. Calm shepherds it's certainty.
joppie
general

Postby Rorrak » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:34 pm

Edition 1 to 2 was a massive improvement, I'm fairly positive we will see more improvement although we do need to wait and see.

Here is hoping that getting the new cards for the models is an easy process.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Danie Smit » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:47 pm

awe man, just sold my army :'(

lol
'SETTRA DOES NOT SERVE' he shouted, trembling with rage.
'SETTRA RULES'
Danie Smit
general

Postby Dark Angel » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:06 pm

New decks are up on dgi for preorder already Rorrak.

Danie I still have a convergence army looking for a home if you are interested ;)
I spend most of my money on Warhammer and games, the rest is just wasted.

Eli "Dragon Slayer" Golovey
Dark Angel
WHG Lawman

Postby Charles » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:15 am

Jason Soles: "But first, a little background…

One of the elements of the game I feel like we did not quite address in Mk II was the disparity between the fury and focus mechanics. These differences meant HORDES always felt like a powerhouse early in the game with warlocks and their rampaging beasts generating vast and terrible amounts of fury while warcasters and their battlegroups struggled to compete, blow for blow. Later in the game, as attrition took its toll, WARMACHINE started to feel dominant with the warcaster functioning at peak performance while fury-starved warlocks, by then largely depleted of beasts, had to self-harm for every late-game boost or spell cast. Well… No more"

Answer:
http://privateerpress.com/community/pri ... 04-13-2016

Well Done PP they addressed one of my personal bug bears.
"If you didn't believe in the Creator before, you will today." - Long Gunner Sergeant Terschel Bannock to fresh recruit sent into battle against the Knights Exemplar.
Charles
brigadier-general

Postby Total Gee » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:45 am

Amped for this
Total Gee
general

Postby Rorrak » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:10 am

On the surface that actually looks really good.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Dark Angel » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:48 pm

They really should have kept quiet for another month.....this is going to be torture
I spend most of my money on Warhammer and games, the rest is just wasted.

Eli "Dragon Slayer" Golovey
Dark Angel
WHG Lawman

Postby Rorrak » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:13 am

Lol Eli, I agree.

What else do we know?

http://battlecollege.org/Mk3+Spoilers
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Rorrak » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:40 pm

The link I listed above has some new information.

For a preview at some cards you can look here.

http://privateerpress.com/community/pri ... 04-20-2016
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Dgremlin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:41 pm

So any hints if we can preorder the new rulebooks ?

I am really quite keen to get my grubby little mitts on them ... then again there is the small fear of diappointment that has been instilled in my by GW ( bastids )

OOOOh !
"The core rules to play the new edition of WARMACHINE & HORDES will be available on June 12th as a free download for all players."

Oh and decks will be available on WarRoom on the same day ... yay ... i dont use warroom, since I dont like it

Still...
Dont...
want...
to...
wait !!!
-==-==-==-==-==-
If your advice to your troops before combat is
"Get it right this time, its BURN the village and RAVAGE the woman."

Worry!
-==-==-==-==-==-
Dgremlin
captain

Postby Dgremlin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:45 pm

off the privateer press forum
Q: I’m surprised that this is a whole new edition and not a remix like in Mk 1. Why not do a remix first?

A: WARMACHINE and HORDES are games made up of hundreds of models with unique sets of rules. As this number grows so do the challenges of making sure they are not just individually balanced but that the overall state of the game is also balanced. As when we transitioned from Mk 1 to Mk 2 we wanted to streamline interactions and make a number of changes to the core mechanics of the game. The scope of changes that were in the best interests of the game exceeded the scope of a simple remix.

Q: The Mk II Field Test was a cool way for players to give input on the last edition. Why didn’t you do another field test?
A: Quite honestly, our players never stopped field-testing the game. We have spent the past half-decade gathering data on games of WARMACHINE and HORDES, observing organized play events and convention games, reading forums feedback, and conducting thousands of hours of internal playtest. With nearly six years of information, we feel we have produced the most fun and balanced game possible.

Q: I can eyeball a quarter inch distance from half a football field away! Why are you allowing pre-measuring?
A: We feel that there already existed the necessary mechanics in Mk 2 for a savvy player to pre-measure, so allowing it officially is not much of a change. We have come to believe that eyeballing spatial relations should not be a required skill to play WARMACHINE and HORDES.

Q: Why do we need to buy new faction packs for War Room in the new edition?
A: War Room has undergone a tremendous amount of new development on the back end as well as adding new features. This is a new edition of WARMACHINE and HORDES with all new decks, and just as you’ll need new faction decks for your army, you’ll need new faction packs in War Room. In consideration of existing players who have used War Room in the past, there will be a discount for faction decks that you have previously purchased. As well, players who purchased a WARMACHINE or HORDES Mk II deck after January 1st, 2016, will receive the new edition equivalents free of charge.

Q: Is this new edition Mk III?
A: Short answer: yes. Long answer: In order to simplify our branding this is officially just WARMACHINE and HORDES without an edition number. We're sure our long standing players will call it whatever is simplest for them when discussing changes between editions, but it's not part of the official edition name.

Q: The new battlegroup kits are in crazy faction-specific colors! What kind of plastic are they made out of?
A: The new battlegroup kits are made of the same PVC plastic we've been using for some of our kits for years. They're just color coded by faction to make things even easier for new players getting into the game.

Q: The new edition pre-release on June 11th at Lock and Load 2016, but the full release isn't until June 29th. I'm running a WARMACHINE or HORDES event in the period between those dates, what should I do?
A: The core rules to play the new edition of WARMACHINE & HORDES will be available on June 12th as a free download for all players. The card rules will also be available on this date to players who use War Room and have purchased their new faction decks, however the physical card decks will not be available until later in the month during the general release of the new edition.

If all players in an event have access to War Room and their decks, running an event using the new edition rules will be not be an issue. For events where it cannot be guaranteed that all players will have this access, we recommend running a "Farewell to MK II" event in preparation of larger rules launch later in the month.
-==-==-==-==-==-

Worry!
-==-==-==-==-==-
Dgremlin
captain

Postby Menset » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Dgremlin wrote:"The core rules to play the new edition of WARMACHINE & HORDES will be available on June 12th as a free download for all players."

Very nice.

This is really what makes PP such a good gaming house. They learn from other companies, looking at Steamforged Games, they take what works/what people are loving about other games and evolve into something better.

I really can not wait for MKIII.
Kelvin Jones

Unleash the Power of the Storm!
Menset
lieutenant-general

Postby Dgremlin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Its actually very clever it gets people to adopt early, get invested and buy into it ...
of course this also means you have all the hardcore players player testing it from every angle by 13 June ( less hardcore players take a few days more ).

The one thing I really do like about privateer press is that they are always quite quick to address problems in game and put forward a ruling.
-==-==-==-==-==-

Worry!
-==-==-==-==-==-
Dgremlin
captain

Next

Return to Warmachine/ Hordes