FULL METAL COMBAT, MK II for 2010

Discuss all things Warmachine and Hordes related

FULL METAL COMBAT, MK II for 2010

Postby Charles » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:36 am

Privateer Press has annouced that Overall Rule changes will be done. Warmachine MKII to be reallsed early 2010 ,and Horders to follow after.

Everything Gets overall alll models all rules.

So some figures will get stronger ,and the Over the top models will get bit more balanced.

A link for FAQ http://privateerpress.com/WARMACHINE/mkII/
"If you didn't believe in the Creator before, you will today." - Long Gunner Sergeant Terschel Bannock to fresh recruit sent into battle against the Knights Exemplar.
Charles
brigadier-general

Re: FULL METAL COMBAT, MK II for 2010

Postby Charles » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:00 pm

MK 11 Update with some of the rumours from Privateer Press Forum:

MK2 info

Out of turn Movement and attacks have been limited.

Based on size of game Warcasters and Warlocks will be included for free.
Warcasters come with a variable no of warjack points.

Rough terrain no longer prevents charges.

Cards redesigned

Warjack Shields and Open fists increased in POW
All Factions have mechanics.
Warjack points costs changed to be more proportionate compared with units.

Unit members are in formation if the are within the unit leaders command range.
Most unit leaders have the same stats as thier troopers.
All units behave in a manner similar to Field Promotion

Reaper gains Reach
Necrotech gains Repair
Bane Knights loose Shadowshift for Vengance [Which is used on some non Cryx Models] which triggers in control phase.

Kharchev gets retooled to become more killy.
Winterguard squads can have three Rocketeers each.
Doom Reavers become cheaper.

Charger gains Powerful Attack
Defender Heavy Barrel increases POW.
Stormblades and Stormguard are immune to Electricity due to the new damage typing system.

Knights Exemplar become a 10 man unit, but don't jump to conclusions
Severous has Convert as an ability rather than a spell.
Flails gain Chain Weapon.

Release Schedule

April Field Test is not a playtest. Its looking for Typos and rules confusion and other final polish.

Jan 2010 Warmachine II and card Decks. Warmachine 2 has a new Warjack for each faction in it.

Followed by 5 Faction books, The Four familiar faces plus Mercenaries, Mercs includes seperate sections for Privateers and Rhul. Each has new models/units and a new warcaster.

Faction book order determined by Summer Rampage 2009. [Which I guess means Mercs last.]

Then Hordes II

No mention of Retribution anywhere.
"
Warcaster Rule is very interesting ,lets see what happens.
"If you didn't believe in the Creator before, you will today." - Long Gunner Sergeant Terschel Bannock to fresh recruit sent into battle against the Knights Exemplar.
Charles
brigadier-general

Postby Azmodan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:42 pm

Menoth just got repair units AND keep the choir? wtf?
Azmodan
general

Postby HordesAddict » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:51 pm

ROFLMAO...

I wonder if they are going to change Vayl's feat completely.
It is out-of-turn movement personified.

Well some of it sounds really promising, although I will be sad to see the current formations go.
Also, why make unit leaders the same strength as their minions?
I like having an uber-dude per unit.
But this is PP so I doubt I will be disappointed.
They actually play test armies.
HordesAddict
sergeant

Postby Lord_Pawn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:18 pm

This has been a good gaming system and then flaws came. In my opinion the game could only get more interesting and better with MK11. Also points cost thing is the only thing worrying me. In smaller games if the points for units are less the game will only get more brutal as you can field mroe combo's. That should be reserved for Hardcore play of 750 points.
Veteran of the Lael Invasion

"Direct contact is strictly forbidden. Do not test me." -Lortus
"You live now only because I allow it." - Kromac
Lord_Pawn
sergeant

Postby Charles » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Azmodan wrote:Menoth just got repair units AND keep the choir? wtf?

ooohhh cooool I missed that :) Now I can fix Crusader 'Guy' and 'Guardian' Guy and 'Avatar' Guy adn still sing Hallelujah to them :)
Charles
brigadier-general

Postby Rorrak » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:46 pm

I seriously did not expect that from you, mostly because I actually think you are serious.

Have faith. PP are known for their balance.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby HordesAddict » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Sean Martens wrote:

I seriously did not expect that from you, mostly because I actually think you are serious.

Agreed.

I do not think that PP would break a system that already works so well, even if Lord_Pawn might not think so. :P

I think mainly they will streamline the interaction between Hordes/Warmachine, balance the Deathjack, rework some point costs, and generally make some things less confusing (not that they really are, but you know how overseas people can be).

Viva PP!
HordesAddict
sergeant

Postby Azmodan » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Sean Martens wrote:

I'll be honest, I'm sure it will be fine. Its a personal issue - I can see synergies with certain factions easier than I see them with others - I have long had this nagging feeling that I should be playing Menoth rather than Cygnar because of how I see them fitting together. I am however rather enheartened by the fact that rough terrain no longer prevents charges.
Azmodan
general

Postby Rorrak » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:00 pm

I reckon that to find the synergies you need to have the whole deck of cards for a faction.

Then stare at them for a while, come up with interesting ideas and try them out. More than anything I think WM needs proxy play. I'm almost certainly going to break my rule of "Actual painted models" on this game system.

The menoth synergies are a little more obvious than the other factions. Specifically where the choir is involved. The choir is a bit point and click but .....

The menoth jacks are slightly weaker than other factions jacks also. This is to account for the potential choir boost I think. This is almost sad to me. It almost mandates choirs.

Take a closer look at Cygnar. There are definitely synergies going on there. You just need to use the right warcaster for a build.
They're something terribly satisfying about personally murdering the enemy wizard-general. Wracking them is cathartic, like squeezing a great big stress ball, except you're strapping it to a massive metal religious icon and it's screaming. -cryptomancer
Rorrak
Member of the year 2011

Postby Zazoo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:51 am

For the MK11 the changes they showed are jsut some of the changes that have been done.
Im pretty sure there will be a lot of changes throughout the game with the list thus far being an example.

Im just wondering if there will be a power difference between Hordes and WM when WM Mk11 comes out and Hordes Mk11 has not.
Don't argue with Idiots, they bring you down to their level and beat you with experience!
Warmachine: Our Dragons are not loot bags!!!
Zazoo
brigadier-general

Postby Azmodan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:05 pm

i'm suspecting that the MK II rehash has quite a bit to do with the imbalace between WM and Hordes... :shock:
oohh did I just type that?

@ Sean - I do have the whole cygnar faction deck and I have almost all of the models as well. - its all my fault, I just dont play nearly enough to test the setups. I have managed fairly well with haley but as you correctly pointed out she too tends to be a little point and click herself [clearly this is a failing on my part..]

dobster has published a really nice Cygnar tactica here and there are also good ones on the PP forums too.
Azmodan
general

Postby Charles » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:21 am

Im just wondering if there will be a power difference between Hordes and WM when WM Mk11 comes out and Hordes Mk11 has not.

I think there always in balance with new rulebook or codex , question more is how big will the diff be and which side the diff will swing too. I would say it probally would swing Warmachine way after the WMK11 release and then after the release of Hordes Mk11 it would be Level playing field(I hope).

All in All everything is looking good , I just can't wait for NQ. 23 for more updates.

Azmodan your still getting your NQ's ? And whne your getting NO.23 ?
Charles
brigadier-general

Postby Azmodan » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:16 am

Charles wrote:Azmodan your still getting your NQ's ? And whne your getting NO.23 ?

Still getting them, I am just a bit behind, I just placed my order for issues 21 and 22, I hadnt realised that 23 was out. I am a bit disappointed that PP doesnt keep the NQ section of their website current. In fact they are about a year behind.
Azmodan
general

Postby Charles » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:14 pm

Well the release date I got for NQ 23 is '25/3/2009'. i put an order from smelly Troll fro NQ 23 as well but probally only getting at End of April. Though you might get a bit earlier than that.
Charles
brigadier-general

Next

Return to Warmachine/ Hordes