what's that smell?

The place to talk about South Africa's Warhammer zines.

what's that smell?

Postby R0N1N » Thu May 23, 2013 2:14 pm

Did something die in here? what's that smell?

Nothing in May... I guess this is dead again
'Time is a weapon like no other, If nothing else i can simple wait for my foes to rot...'
-Orikan the diviner
R0N1N
general

Re: what's that smell?

Postby prof818 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:59 pm

I think the problem is that a major number of the contributors are still studying, hence with it being exam season, don't have time for this.
The Harbringer of Doom , The Destroyer of Dreams, The Bad News Bunny
prof818
colonel

Postby Brindley U » Thu May 30, 2013 3:52 pm

prof818 wrote:I think the problem is that a major number of the contributors are still studying, hence with it being exam season, don't have time for this.

exams drilled me, ya. So, im at least one of those in that boat.
Brindley U
colonel

Postby The Waaagh Mag » Fri May 31, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi Guys

To be honest, the amount of hours I was putting into the magazine with layout (No one could help me with it) to make it look good was 12 to 16hrs a month, add to this been married, full time job and taking work home and not having my own internet at home, it made it very hard to do the job, and create something I felt worth putting out.

We were getting no comments and very few hits. I'm not sure it was worth our time as a team time if only 5 people reading the mag.

If the community wants us to continue, they need comment here. Then we will have to have a magazine meeting to decide what we will do.

I'm sorry its like this, but the hours we put in, it must feel worth it.

Regards

Dane @ The Waaagh Magazine
The Waaagh Mag
private

Postby prof818 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:10 pm

@Dane
We can see you guys put in a lot of effort into the magazine, and there were some great articles. However, there seems to be a major decline in the popularity in 40k of late (which really saddens me) and I think it was a case of just wrong timing.
The Harbringer of Doom , The Destroyer of Dreams, The Bad News Bunny
prof818
colonel

Postby Baldrick » Fri May 31, 2013 4:28 pm

prof818 wrote:@Dane
there seems to be a major decline in the popularity in 40k of late (which really saddens me) and .

I blame this on

1. the 6th Ed rule set (good bye HtH..........)
2. The continued codex creep, making the next army far superior that the previous ones ('read GW marketing team here'....... :evil: )
3. The sad introdcution of fliers......
4. Escalating costs due a favaourable Exchange rate, that seems to strengthen everytime Mr Showerhead opens his mouth......and his continued lack of a backbone and his in-ability to make decisions on whether he wants sugar with his tea or not :) :) :)

8)
Baldrick
"What we got here is a failure to communicate".....Ordo Hereticus
Baldrick
general

Postby Loud MOFO » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:34 am

@Dane, i read your magazine and really enjoyed reading it.
As a fantasy player i found the fantasy side a bit lacking, but i guess it is a 40k mag, but enjoyed reading none the less.

I would vote yes for you guys to carry on as there was real value to what i read and found myself waiting for the new release. I do understand the amount of work that would go into such a mag and would understand if you guys do not carry on.
Loud MOFO
colonel

Postby The Waaagh Mag » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:25 am

prof818 wrote:@Dane
We can see you guys put in a lot of effort into the magazine, and there were some great articles. However, there seems to be a major decline in the popularity in 40k of late (which really saddens me) and I think it was a case of just wrong timing.

Well Loud MOFO, here is a treat for you... maybe our last issue ever....

http://www.jil.st/A8bnZu.

From the TEAM, if we dont do another issue, it has been fun and thank you to all who supported us...

The Waaagh Team
The Waaagh Mag
private

Postby UrbanCriSis » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:38 pm

I would like to give you guys props for what you have done this far. It would be sad to see the mag end. I for one would be more than willing to contribute from a painting an modelling perspective should you plan any more issues.
UrbanCriSis
corporal

Postby The Waaagh Mag » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:07 pm

Do you want it back???

We are looking to start the mag up again, but we need help.

Deputy Editor
Copy Editors
Layout and Design Editors
Contributors
Photographers

We are planing on expanding the magazine to include World of Warcraft Trading Card Games, Reports on Gaming events or Comic Cons, anything geekish and from South Africa. We want to create one magazine for all Table Top and Card Games.

So please email me on dane_waaagh@live.co.za if your keen to get involved.

Regards

Dane @ The_Waaagh Mag
Chief Editor
The Waaagh Mag
private

Postby HunterHorrid » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:25 am

Hey Guys,

I have just recently found this site and love it. I have not had a chance to read up on your Waargh Mag but I am hoping to get stuck into it now. Have you thought of getting guys to sign up to it on a mailing list? That way you know how many people are reading it and are subscribed to it? Also if you get enough people on it, maybe you could approach some hobby shops for adverising and sponsorship to make it a little easier on the pocket to do?

Just some ideas.

Hunter
HunterHorrid
corporal

Postby Red Fusion » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:00 pm

Sounds interesting
Lekker in Dogdish!
Red Fusion
major

Return to Warhammer Zines