Is there anybody out there...

Discuss the Lord of the Rings and War of the Rings miniature games here

Is there anybody out there...

Postby Stuart » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:15 am

I am interested in starting to play Lord of the Rings, but not War of the Ring though.

I would like to find out where in Gauteng people play Lord of the Rings, and what is the normal points limit being used.
KA-ME-HA-ME-HA !!!!!!!!
Stuart
private

Re: Is there anybody out there...

Postby Da Ra Kur » Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:12 pm

Hi Stuart,

the main LotR contingent is at my house, but we are slowly introducing it at Warzone.

I have started playing WotR which I think is a far better system for playing battles against each other, we will rpobably settle on 1500 points.

For the standard LotR strategy game I prefer playing the scenarios, hence we have not set a points limit as such.

If you are keen for a game let me know and we can set something up at the club or when I have an evening at my house you can come round.
"Orks neva loozes, weez just resting"
Warboss Da-Ra-Kur of da 3 Kullas
Da Ra Kur
colonel

Postby Azmodan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:11 am

Actually I wouldnt mind a game or two of the campaign/scenario based stuff if its in the offing... fellowship in moria for eg..
Azmodan
general

Postby Da Ra Kur » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 pm

Azmodan are you at the club on Saturday?

If so I will bring a couple of figures along to do Moria. There are about 4 or 5 cool scenarios, including the Watcher in the Water.

We could even link them and play a mini campaign, the games don't take long.
Da Ra Kur
colonel

Postby Azmodan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Sadly not - I am building kitchen cupboards. how about a wednesday evening instead? maybe just after icon as I'm sure there will be some more 1000 point army list tweaking on the wednesday before.. actually how about we play 1000 points next wed? I dont think i have ever played you 40k!
Azmodan
general

Postby Inquisitor » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:50 pm

Please tell me when you guys are going to have a LOTR game or two as I would like to watch a game or two. I am a huge fan of JRR Tolkein and this is just awesome. I don't have any figures though. So I just wanna have a look and then perhaps start getting some stuff in time.
Inquisitor
major

Postby Da Ra Kur » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:49 am

Inquisitor, will you be there on Saturday?

Azmodan can't make it, but if you are keen I will bring my figures along. Its a really easy system to get into and we can be playing almost straight away. Sian might like to join in as well.

Azmodan as far as your 1000 points challenge for Wed - Bring it on, looking forward to it.
Da Ra Kur
colonel

Return to Lord of the Rings