List of KOW armies and rules

Discuss the Kings of War mass combat fantasy game from Mantic Games.

List of KOW armies and rules

Postby DaImp » Tue May 27, 2014 12:21 am

These are the official downloads for KoW 2nd edition:
http://www.manticgames.com/free-rules.html

Most recent FAQ:
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/FREE%20RULES/KoW-FAQ-003%20Updated.pdf

You can view the beta lists for all the new armies here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XgQY5vVHs_V19N_2lsrpk59SIF9hi6_KDBqkmyitRro/edit#gid=0

Online Army Builder:
http://kow2.easyarmy.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The old 1st edition downloads can be found here:

2012 v3 Rules with 4 small army lists
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/KoW-MRB-Rules-Web.pdf

Official 2012 Army Lists

Abyssal Dwarf
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/Abyssal%20Dwarfs%20Army%20List%202012.pdf
Dwarf
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/Dwarf%20Army%20List%202012.pdf
Elf
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/Elf%20Army%20Lists%202012.pdf
Goblins
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/Goblin%20Army%20List%202012.pdf
Kingdoms of men
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/Human%20Army%20List%202012.pdf
Orcs
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/Orc%20Army%20List%202012.pdf
Twilight Kin
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/Twilight%20Army%20List%202012.pdf
Undead
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/KINGS%20OF%20WAR/Undead%20Army%20List%202012.pdf
Basilean
http://manticblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/basilean-web-list-v003.pdf
Ogres
http://www.manticgames.com/SiteData/Root/File/Ogre%20Army%20List%202013.pdf.pdf

Gaming aids

Unit cards
http://forum.manticblog.com/entry.php?1093-Unit-cards-are-here

Reference sheet
http://forum.manticblog.com/showthread. ... f-Download

List Builders
eKoW
http://www.mentemeccanica.com/eKow/
Easy Army
http://kow.easyarmy.com/
Jonathan Merry
Warhammer Generals head honcho

Check out my WHFB 3rd Edition blog: http://oldhammergenerals.blogspot.com
User avatar
DaImp
general
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:11 pm
Location: partying with the Bunnygirls

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Judge-Mental » Tue May 27, 2014 12:49 am

Thanks for these. I didn't know about the unit cards.
Judge-Mental
private
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Azimyth » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:17 am

Post on the mantic forum with a link to Beta lists:
https://manticforum.com/forum/kings-of-war/kings-of-war-2-beta/230101-new-army-lists-for-playtesting-updated-01-09-2015-to-1-9-1

mattjgilbert from mantic wrote:1.0 released 07/06/2015 - Ratmen and the League of Rhordia added.
1.1 released 13/06/2015 - The Herd added, Ratmen modified. New special rule sheet added.
1.2 released 16/06/2015 - The Herd tweaks
1.3 released 17/07/2015 - Updates to The Herd, Ratkin and Rhordia
1.4 released 19/07/2015 - Added The Empire of Dust list
1.5 released 10/08/2015 - Updates to all lists based on feedback
1.6 released 13/08/2015 - Added the Salamander and Varagur lists
1.7 released 16/08/2015 - Tweak to Varangur. Updates to Salamanders. Added The Brotherhood list.
1.8 released 18/08/2015 - Tweaked the Herd
1.9 released 31/08/2015 - Updates to all lists.
1.91 released 01/09/2015 - Brotherhood rework + Various tweaks.


Brief army details (detailed background will be in the book)

1. Ratkin - A race originally created by the Abyssal Dwarfs (Evil)
2. The League of Rhordia - an alliance of human city states and the halfling shires (Neutral)
3. The Herd - satyrs, centaurs, minotaurs, owlbears and other beastmen. (Neutral)
4. The Empire of Dust - a ancient cursed race (Evil)
5. The Varangur (aka The Shattered Clans) (Humans) (Evil)
6. Salamanders (Good) LIZARDMEN
7. The Brotherhood (Humans) (Good)

The following lists are in progress, waiting for background to be approved and with working titles
8. SUPER SECRET
9. SUPER SECRET

Ophidians, Twilight Kin (full rewrite) and Northern Alliance are not in the scope of this particular project.
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
FAQed up by the FAQing FAQs.
User avatar
Azimyth
brigadier-general
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:48 am
Location: D.net

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Doc Rot » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:22 pm

Super excited. Used Empire of the Dust the other day, loved them, though the husks were a bit OP. Looking forward to using Brotherhood soon.

KoW really does kick arse. So much better than WHFB, as tit rewards tactical play rather than Min/Max and Ultra powerful wizard selection to carry the day.

Since GeeDub fired us as clients we haven't looked back. Everybody is enjoying fantasy much more.

Doc
A stranger in a strange land

Visit the Eastern Cape Warlords - Wargaming Club at
www.facebook.com/easterncapewarlords
Doc Rot
brigadier-general
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby DaImp » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:20 pm

I couldn't agree more Doc Rot. Playing KoW is a real breath of fresh air and reminds me of the first time I played Warhammer in the enjoyment it brings me.
Jonathan Merry
Warhammer Generals head honcho

Check out my WHFB 3rd Edition blog: http://oldhammergenerals.blogspot.com
User avatar
DaImp
general
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:11 pm
Location: partying with the Bunnygirls

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Azimyth » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:43 am

Armybuilder 2.2 data file available here
Great for when you have no internet connection and lot more user friendly than easy army
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
FAQed up by the FAQing FAQs.
User avatar
Azimyth
brigadier-general
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:48 am
Location: D.net

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Total Gee » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:27 am

The links for the new armies don't seem to work, any one know where I can get the Lizzardmen rules.

Also fish People
Total Gee
general
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: JHB

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby DaImp » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:30 am

I suspect the beta links have been taken down now are the book with all the extra army lists has been released.
You can still go to the online armybuilder http://kow2.easyarmy.com/ and view the list for lizardmen
Jonathan Merry
Warhammer Generals head honcho

Check out my WHFB 3rd Edition blog: http://oldhammergenerals.blogspot.com
User avatar
DaImp
general
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:11 pm
Location: partying with the Bunnygirls

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Doc Rot » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:32 am

Armies are called Salamanders and Trident Realms in case you get lost
A stranger in a strange land

Visit the Eastern Cape Warlords - Wargaming Club at
www.facebook.com/easterncapewarlords
Doc Rot
brigadier-general
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Total Gee » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks guys, how do I know base size?

Is it based of unit classification
Total Gee
general
 
Posts: 4100
Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: JHB

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby DaImp » Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:44 am

Check out the KoW base sizes post :)
Jonathan Merry
Warhammer Generals head honcho

Check out my WHFB 3rd Edition blog: http://oldhammergenerals.blogspot.com
User avatar
DaImp
general
 
Posts: 5506
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:11 pm
Location: partying with the Bunnygirls

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Azimyth » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
FAQed up by the FAQing FAQs.
User avatar
Azimyth
brigadier-general
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:48 am
Location: D.net

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Doc Rot » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:56 pm

do you guys use the optional rules? We just play the rules as per the rulebook down here. if you can't deal with a bit of bane chant and flying, then it's time to go home is our approach.
A stranger in a strange land

Visit the Eastern Cape Warlords - Wargaming Club at
www.facebook.com/easterncapewarlords
Doc Rot
brigadier-general
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Azimyth » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:26 pm

Not yet, I haven't read the book.
I think the bane chant change is stupid, most wizards with access to bane chant only have it with 2 dice. It went from a 75% chance to 25% chance in one fell swoop. I'll probably drop it from my lists if its played that way.
Religion: A cult for the masses
God Protect Me ... From Your Followers
FAQed up by the FAQing FAQs.
User avatar
Azimyth
brigadier-general
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:48 am
Location: D.net

Re: List of KOW armies and rules

Postby Doc Rot » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:48 pm

There's no risk of us adopting the optional rules down here, so as long as you guys don't then we're all good until the 3rd edition comes out in the distant future. Agreed, its a stupid rule that makes bowmen especially pointless.
A stranger in a strange land

Visit the Eastern Cape Warlords - Wargaming Club at
www.facebook.com/easterncapewarlords
Doc Rot
brigadier-general
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Next

Return to Kings of War

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest