Looking to start Kow

Discuss the Kings of War mass combat fantasy game from Mantic Games.

Re: Campaign at 3+ club

Postby markschrade » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:41 am

Hi Guys

I'm an old warhammer fantasy player, but since the rule changes and unit changes I found I don't like the game as much anymore. So much so that I gave up the hobby. I've recently found my way back to the hobby but I'm quite interested in the King's of War game. I've watched a few battle reports on youtube and read through the rules and the rules seem simple and the armies seem well balanced.

I would like to play again and I see this campaign is being played and has almost come to an end. Will there be a new campaign later this year? When can I make a turn and see for myself what the game is about?

Cheers
markschrade
new recruit

Looking to start Kow

Postby plxvandyk » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Hey there Mark, good to hear from you.

Mark, we play a number of systems at Threeplus, with a few key events tying them all together each year.
You're more than welcome to stick your head in to say hi and to see how things run - our club members get together on Wednesday evenings (from about 19h00 till late) and on Saturdays (from about 10h30 till late) - similarly, if you let us know when you'd like to do so we could happily arrange a demo game or two for you...

as for future campaigns, i'm sure there will be - we move on to a 40k and a warmachine/hordes campaign after this, but then are likely to revisit it again in a few months time. Similarly, we run a large general gaming tournament in the last weekend in November, called Into the Fray, where you can get a lot of like-minded people together to play and enjoy various games - make a plan to see that if you're interested in testing the look and feel of various available systems.

Threeplus is based out of the Roosevelt Park Bowls club in northcliff (on Milner Avenue, near Northcliff Corner shopping centre)

Cheers
Peter van Dyk
club chairman
082-555-9611
plxvandyk
captain

Postby markschrade » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:49 pm

Excellent! Thank you for the reply. I'm interested in trying out the Kings of War game. Will try come around next Wednesday with a 2000 point army and see how it goes.

Cheers
Mark
markschrade
new recruit

Postby Doc Rot » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:23 am

Mark - just a bit of advice maybe try a smaller game first, like 1000pts. That way you'll easily be able to get two games in on the night. or 1500pts, just to learn the ropes.
A stranger in a strange land

Visit the Eastern Cape Warlords - Wargaming Club at
www.facebook.com/easterncapewarlords
Doc Rot
brigadier-general

Postby markschrade » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:51 am

Doc Rot wrote:Mark - just a bit of advice maybe try a smaller game first, like 1000pts. That way you'll easily be able to get two games in on the night. or 1500pts, just to learn the ropes.

Excellent. Thank you for the advice. I will get a 1000 point army together and come try my luck.
markschrade
new recruit

Return to Kings of War