Horus heresy armies, anyone building?

Chat about all things 30k Horus Heresy related

Re: Horus heresy armies, anyone building?

Postby Maverik115 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:35 pm

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

The new FAQ is up with lots of changes in units, rule and additions of new units.
Let a wave of repugnance for the enemy wash over you. Let hatred fill you. Hate is good, for our goal is a Human galaxy. We are called by the Emperor with a sacred duty to conquer it in His name.
Maverik115
major

Postby MattyN » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:37 am

Link to a thread of mine on bolter and chainsword with my Imperial fists heresy progress. Also check out in minatures my VII legion Sigismands best.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gall ... 10-wa0000/
MattyN
corporal

Postby Maverik115 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:21 pm

Look man... I think you may be ahead of yourself here... my Templars are clearly Sigismund's best.
My Sigismund issues a challenge to you Sigismund. May the blackest, fistiest and templariest Sigismund win!
Let a wave of repugnance for the enemy wash over you. Let hatred fill you. Hate is good, for our goal is a Human galaxy. We are called by the Emperor with a sacred duty to conquer it in His name.
Maverik115
major

Postby MattyN » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Haha they must be clones!
MattyN
corporal

Postby Maverik115 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Maybe 1 or more are Alpharius...
Maverik115
major

Postby Maverik115 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Just a quick update. All of them are finished except for transfers and basing.
Maverik115
major

Postby MattyN » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:04 am

Looking good ! Got my first game tonight of heresy. My fists vs some salamanders. Def should be very interesting ! Will post what happens.
MattyN
corporal

Postby Maverik115 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 pm

Have fun! Let us know how it goes.
Maverik115
major

Postby MattyN » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:57 am

So the fists did very well over the last week. Destroying the Salamanders 14 to 4 in maelstrom and killing a lot of chaos in purge the alien with the score 8 to 1. Fists are hard as nails and their breachers are even harder, add the plus 1 to bs for bolters and you have a very strong army.
MattyN
corporal

Postby TheFool144 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:05 pm

So I don't actually like Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines are unplayable, I do however love Word Bearers. Seriously if it were a pie-chart then you'd only be able to see crimson.

I bought the Betrayal at Calth box to initially build the actual box game, but decided against it. So now I am going to have Word Bearers and some Word Bearers.

Anvil Industry has some very nice bits, including assault shields for Breacher/Siege Breaker squads.

I was really interested in the Destroyers as they fit my Chapter's tactics, but I did the maths and it seems like they are 280 pts for six Space Marines with Jump Packs, one Missile Launcher and one Phosphex (?) Bomb. Is that correct, it seems very, very expensive...
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Kong Fuzi
"I have papers proving my sanity." - Eugene
"To become truly wise, you have to believe that you know nothing." - The Fool
TheFool144
corporal

Postby Maverik115 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:24 pm

I havent gotten a hold of the new army lists but its possible.
Word bearers are quite epic.
Have a look at ashen circle ;)
Maverik115
major

Postby MattyN » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:39 pm

30k builds are generally abit more expense wise then 40k. Different army lists. Its a fantastic game with my imperial fists now winning 7 from 7.
MattyN
corporal

Postby Support-Marine » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:25 pm

:wave: Hey Guys

I have been building a Death Guard force down here in Cape Town over the last few months. I don't suppose anyone here is located down here as I would love to actually use them in 30k rather then just as 40k Iron hands :thumbup:
Support-Marine
new recruit

Postby TastyTik » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:21 pm

Yo, I've started up a Vlka Fenryka army. Nearly at 3000 points what with all of GW's plastic blessings. Anyone else around Gauteng getting into 30k? I know of a few of us in PTA who want to start taking it more seriously
TastyTik
private

Postby MattyN » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:21 am

There about 7 of us in Durban that are playing 30k on a regular occasion and thoroughly enjoying it! We have Imperial fists, iron warriors, deathguard, word bearers, admech, salamanders, iron hands and new guys wanting to start as well.
MattyN
corporal

PreviousNext

Return to 30k Horus Heresy