The Batcave Comics n Games in Hillcrest

A space for all Warhammer clubs in KZN to announce club tournament dates and events as well as just chat

The Batcave Comics n Games in Hillcrest

Postby womble » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:12 pm

This is both a shameless plug for a store, and notice of a new club/community based at that store that's starting to take hold in KZN.

We're a gaming shop in Hillcrest, and have recently expanded our wares to include Games Workshop products. We're working hard to build a local community based at the store (it's very comfy venue, with aircon, coffee machine, nearby fast food, free wifi). Right now, our Warhammer community is small and doesn't have many experienced players, but we're starting to get some traction and selling quite a few starter kits which hopefully will grow the KZN community as a whole.

We're also finding a few people who haven't played for a while (me included) that are getting back in to Warhammer and for this reason are selling the Codexes at about 25% below RRP.

All our products are sold at or below international recommended retail (exchange rate fluctuations notwithstanding).

We're open from 10.15am to 10.15pm daily, and there's almost always a shopkeeper on duty that is into Warhammer 40K, so if you're ever in need of a quick fix, there's a willing opponent that would rather play WH ("community building") than do real work :)

We also have an online presence at www.darkaura.co.za - you can see our GW product range and prices there.
womble
new recruit

Re: The Batcave Comics n Games in Hillcrest

Postby Lantre » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:10 pm

I can second this plug.

Just starting to get into Tabletop gaming myself (waiting for my Warmachine order to arrive) and it's nice to have somewhere nearby to play.
Lantre
new recruit

Postby Alqualonde » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:31 am

Nice to see that retailers are getting closer to me - I'm in Hilton. Might need to find an excuse to pop down.
Eca a mitta lambetya cendelesse orcova
Alqualonde
lieutenant-general

Postby Alqualonde » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm going to be hanging around near Hillcrest on Saturday evening. Looking for a 40k game (Eldar up to 1,850) or Fantasy (Undead up to 2,500). I can bring some sort of terrain if needed.
Eca a mitta lambetya cendelesse orcova
Alqualonde
lieutenant-general

Postby Gazza1982 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Hey guys, continuing on with the shameless store plug, The Batcave Comics 'n Games has just relocated to a larger retail space within the Hillcrest Centre. At just under 200 square meters and comprising of the most competitive warhammer pricing around as well as air conditioning, a coffee machine, the usual mandatory snacks and drinks and free wifi, it is well and truly a gamers oasis.

We are looking to expand our warhammer 40k community and will be running games every second Sunday from 12pm. We have a what's app group and a Facebook page where our activities will be announced. Whether you are a complete noob like myself or a grizzled veteran with a passion for the game, come and join us and let's push this brilliant game.

Should you wish to get hold of us for any enquiries relating to available stock, schedules events or just to show your support, reply to this thread,look us up on Facebook or give us a call on 031-7653656. If you would like to join our what's app group please send an email to gburmeister1982@gmail.com and I'll get back to you.

Cheers :)
Gazza1982
new recruit

Postby burstear » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:16 pm

i was down in amazimtoti for a few days on way home i popped into the batcave...first impression LOVED IT!!!!
had a nice lil chat with the dude behind the counter (didnt get his name) but i must say he did seem intrested in the 40k chat and i did get the feeling that he really plays 40k. he knew things some other store people have no idea about.

when we spoke about cron tactics he was clued up to the cron tactics, some other store owner you see thier eyes glaze over as they wish the customer would pay and leave. not so at the batcave.

im from mpumalanga, but still it was a well enjoyed stop made my 6 hour drive home bearable.
thx batcave
Nationals 2012 (W3-L2-D0) 11th***Mayhem &Carnage 2013 (W4-L1-D0) 3rd***Thug 2013 (W3-L1-D0) 2nd***Thugcon 2013 (W3-L0-D1) 1st***G2C2 2014 (W5-L0-D0) 1st
burstear
general

Return to KwaZulu-Natal Clubs