Rubicon Kits

Talk about Bolt Action from Warlord Games

Rubicon Kits

Postby Golf Alpha Zulu » Tue May 03, 2016 8:12 am

I have it on good authority that the "other guys" that produce 28mm plastic kits for WW2 - Rubicon Models - are soon to have someone importing and retailing their kits in South Africa.

Rubicon are a Hong Kong-based plastic model design studio that have recently made the decision to release their own kits, and WW2 1/56th is where they have started! While the Warlord/Italeri kits are very much wargaming models, low on detail and big on speed of assembly, the Rubicon kits seem to be much more detailed, and are packed with options to allow a range of vehicle variants to be built (for e.g., their Sherman kit provides 3 different main gun/turrets to be built). Some interesting vehicles are already released and lots more have been announced and previewed.

For further info on local availability and pricing, you can contact Anthony (vandijk@iafrica.com).

I have posted an unboxing/build review of one of their kits on my blog.

Golf Alpha Zulu
sergeant

Re: Rubicon Kits

Postby Andre Muller » Tue May 03, 2016 2:01 pm

Really like the rubicon kits, and nice blog post GAZ
Andre Muller
major

Re: Rubicon Kits

Postby dracan » Tue May 03, 2016 5:25 pm

Some of them are very nice, especially looking forward to some of the expansion kits and all the variation on some of the tanks/transports that are still in development.
Kevin your perception of my power has started to influence reality...
dracan
colonel

Return to Bolt Action