Breakout from St Lo

Talk about Bolt Action from Warlord Games

Breakout from St Lo

Postby Golf Alpha Zulu » Tue May 17, 2016 7:45 am

These are some pix from a large Bolt Action game which formed the centrepiece game at the PWG monthly meeting on the weekend (as it turned out, there weren't any other games played - everyone who attended joined in on the multi-player game).

Based on broadly on Operation Cobra - the American breakout from St Lo in 1944 - the game involved two tables of 12ft x 4ft, and six distinct commands. Each command had a separate objective and distinct VPs: Two American forces, one on each table, had to race each other to break through along the length of the table - scoring VPs only for exiting the board. On each table, a limited Heer force had to maximise US casualties, while conducting a fighting withdrawal off the length of the table. There were also two SS forces, that had to cross the width of both tables, securing VPs only for exiting units off board. And there were civilians involved, and a Maquis force thrown into the pot. I have no idea as to how many points were on each table, but I know my Heer force was 1500pts (16 order dice) and felt outnumbered by at least three to one. It was a huge, complex, chaotic game, and was Bolt Action at its best.

A few more pix (and a brief report) on the Small Wars blog.
Golf Alpha Zulu
sergeant

Re: Breakout from St Lo

Postby Andre Muller » Tue May 17, 2016 8:53 am

Great post Gaz!
Andre Muller
major

Re: Breakout from St Lo

Postby DaImp » Tue May 17, 2016 3:59 pm

Looks like that was one hell of a fun game to play in :)
Painted miniatures, pretty terrain... what more could you want.
Jonathan Merry
Warhammer Generals head honcho

Check out my WHFB 3rd Edition blog: http://oldhammergenerals.blogspot.com
DaImp
general

Return to Bolt Action