q21's Daily Project Log

a place to chat about miniatures, show off conversions and paint schemes and anything else miniature related

Re: q21's Daily Project Log

Postby q21 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:38 am

So... long time, no post. But I've been painting plenty recently, so let's see if I can bring this thread to life...

Below are the most recent pics I have of my current project, a Dreadclaw. I've done a little since these. Will post those when I get a chance, as well as some pics of the other stuff8ve fine in the interim.
Attachments
dreadclaw front.jpeg
dreadclaw right.jpeg
dreadclaw left.jpeg
You know those times when you wish you could think of something funny or interesting to say, but just can't... yeah, this is one of those times.
q21
major

Postby q21 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:46 pm

So a few new pics of the dreadclaw. First, after the Kantor Blue and wash. Then, Enchanted Blue highlights. Finally, Ice Blue around the flame areas.
Attachments
Post Wash.jpg
Enchanted Blue.jpg
All Blue.jpg
You know those times when you wish you could think of something funny or interesting to say, but just can't... yeah, this is one of those times.
q21
major

Postby The BAG » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:20 pm

these look awesome.
AKA Saul.
Painting table:2 custom trolls
30 old high elf monopose spearmen
savage orc shaman
the walking dead starter
Horde of fleabags (riders only)
http://www.mhpromo.co.za
http://www.fairlabour.co.za
The BAG
general

Postby q21 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:56 am

Thanks BAG!

Been building and basing the next models... which given that their cultists, was too boring to be worth posting. Now the painting production line has kicked into gear. Cultists, an extra guy for one of my units, and the base for the Dreadclaw. I could get all this done this weekend, but I'm going to be out of town. I'll get some time on Sunday evening to paint, but that's all.

Still hoping to get this all done in a week or so.
Attachments
Blue Only.jpg
q21
major

Postby q21 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:10 am

Next update. The production line marches forward... I will get these bastards done. Also added some bases for rebasing marines onto 32mm rounds and another flying base that needs some touch ups.
Attachments
Production Line.jpg
q21
major

Postby Severian » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 am

Good on ya fella :thumbup: You keep posting and we will keep watching 8-)
The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.
Azmodan - Jetbike archon "Charge the Monkeigh!... By Khaine where did those wheels come from.. arrgh" plummets to the ground floor *CRASH*
Severian
general

Postby q21 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Next update. Just the first fresh colour to do before washing the lot... I have a tank to build while the wash dries... this army will be ready for vets.
Attachments
Production Line 2.jpg
q21
major

Postby q21 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:38 am

Plenty of work done over the weekend and the cultist are just about done, only a few highlights more to go. Did also build the next model in the painting queue as a break from working on those, picture of that is below:
Attachments
Sicaran.jpeg
q21
major

Postby Deviance » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm

You are making short work of these hey, motoring through these.
Dunno how you can stand batch painting stuff, I lose my mind if i do more than 3 at a time.
Deviance
private

Postby q21 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:01 pm

Mind was lost long ago, Deviance... so no threat of that. Mostly I just play something in the background (video batreps are good for this).
q21
major

Postby q21 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Apologies for the lack of updates this week. Been staying up into the early hours of the morning to get stuff done and haven't had the presence of mind to take photos before packing up and falling into bed. Trying to get everything ready for vets has taked some effort, but I think I'll be able to do it.

The cultists are finished, though I haven't got a picture of those because I just fell into bed after finishing the last bit of the last guy last night. The Sicaran is coming along nicely, though, below are some pics of it at various stages throughout the week. Fist there's the setup work for the fire colouring, then laying in the "cracking" design in black before the obligatory colouring in process. It has received a wash since the last of these pictures was taken, but since after wash it just looks the same, but darker with somewhat more pronounces recesses I didn't think another picture would be necessary.
Attachments
Sicaran 2.jpg
Sicaran 3.jpg
Sicaran 4.jpg
q21
major

Postby q21 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:58 am

So it's been a while since last post. Took a few days off painting after vets... cos I was tired. Realised I never put up the finished picture of the Sicaran, so that's up first.

Sicaran 5.jpg

The I started on batch painting some more IG guys. Partly because you can never have too many IG guys and partly because I can't quite decide how I'm going to paint my eldar. The front rank is made mostly of converted up Tempestus Scions (modified vox casters for backpacks, wire for power chords and green stuff to bulk out the armour a little). Apart from a squad leader and a commander, the rest are just ordinary cannon fodder guys. Oh, and one of my existing commander types is getting his armour bulked up to become a Tempestor Prime. Built and primed over the weekend, first grey coat when on yesterday evening.
Attachments
Guys 1.jpg
Guys 2.jpg
q21
major

Postby q21 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:28 am

Next picture of these 20 odd guys. The grey is all finished, starting on the camo with the brown. Coming along slowly, but that's okay - there's no real pressure to finish these so I don't see the point in forcing myself to speed paint them.
Attachments
Guys 3.jpg
q21
major

Previous

Return to Miniatures