10th Annual 40k Veteran's (27-28 JULY) ITC TRACKED

Post your announcements for non-club specific tournaments. You many only have ONE thread per tournament in this area. The dates of your event with the year should be included in the subject header.

Re: 10th Annual 40k Veteran's (27-28 JULY) ITC TRACKED

Postby Carl » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:04 pm

If I elect not to use a certain factions stratagems or if I choose not to access the VSFD warlord traits in order to have a better comp score, must this also be noted on the list or will comp score be calculated on the day?
Carl
new recruit

Postby Brindley U » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:28 am

Good question - all Stratagems you intend to use (or rather the group/faction theyre from) must be noted on your roster.
Brindley U
colonel

Postby Carthrodan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:16 am

Brindley U wrote:Good question - all Stratagems you intend to use (or rather the group/faction theyre from) must be noted on your roster.

Brin, as an FYI, BCP is showing that the TO has locked list submission. So everyone who registered without submitting a list, can't submit one at this current time.

Probably a radial box in BCP TO you need to check.
Carthrodan
private

Postby Saieden » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:59 am

Brin, could you please clarify the dimensions of the minefield with respect 6o various deployment zones?

Last year we had fixed deployment zones, where we played a spearhead assault for this mission and the field was a 24" band across the middle, a third of the board. If we apply it in similar way for the others it'll be half the board for long edge deployment, and about two thirds for opposite corner deployment. Is this the intent?

Also, if a unit is killed by the mines, does it count for "kill more" in the primary objective?
Saieden
private

Postby q21 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:04 pm

Carthrodan wrote:
Brindley U wrote:Good question - all Stratagems you intend to use (or rather the group/faction theyre from) must be noted on your roster.

Brin, as an FYI, BCP is showing that the TO has locked list submission. So everyone who registered without submitting a list, can't submit one at this current time.

This
You know those times when you wish you could think of something funny or interesting to say, but just can't... yeah, this is one of those times.
q21
major

Postby Carthrodan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:39 pm

Saieden wrote:Also, if a unit is killed by the mines, does it count for "kill more" in the primary objective?

I'm assuming Brin will go with the normal ITC ruling on this (as it is literally cribbed from the ITC Champions Missions):

The wording is "were more of your Opponent's units destroyed this battle round than your own" specifically to counter people using abilities/rules such as Perils, Explodes,O Plasma to "deny" the kill to the opponent, which was the ORIGINAL wording of the ITC rule (did you kill more enemy units than your opponent).

Per the current ITC standards, it doesn't matter how an enemy unit is destroyed with regards to the "Kill More" Strategic Dominance, it counts towards your total number of units destroyed that Battle Round. However, the "Kill One" does require that the unit destruction occur during your own turn, so it IS possible to have a situation where you DO score Kill More, but DONT get Kill One.
Carthrodan
private

Postby Ultima » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:48 pm

Hey all

Note below from Brindley regarding an error in the mission pack

Gentlemen in the rule pack there is an error for vets. Mission 2, tertiary objective. The units that come on from the board edge get a -1 to their BS only. The rule is worded “final roll”, this is incorrect, Brindley will be amending it.
Ultima
captain

Postby q21 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:35 am

So I got notification that my list submission was due, but when I went to submit it still tells me: "The tournament organizer has locked list submission for this event."

I've been trying to submit via the "Player Details" tab of the app. I just copy paste a text version of my list into the box and hit submit... am I doing this wrong somehow?
You know those times when you wish you could think of something funny or interesting to say, but just can't... yeah, this is one of those times.
q21
major

Postby Saieden » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:03 am

Carthrodan wrote:
Saieden wrote:Also, if a unit is killed by the mines, does it count for "kill more" in the primary objective?

I'm assuming Brin will go with the normal ITC ruling on this (as it is literally cribbed from the ITC Champions Missions):

I'm asking because it was copied word for word, I just want to make sure that this is the intent. In ITC you don't have objectives in which sacrificing your own units scores you points. I'm fine with it either way, however it does change the way the mission as a whole would play out quite significantly.
Saieden
private

Postby q21 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:56 am

Found the list submission portal link in my email, all sorted now.
q21
major

Postby Carthrodan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:32 pm

q21 wrote:So I got notification that my list submission was due, but when I went to submit it still tells me: "The tournament organizer has locked list submission for this event."

I've been trying to submit via the "Player Details" tab of the app. I just copy paste a text version of my list into the box and hit submit... am I doing this wrong somehow?
you aren't doing it wrong, happening to everyone. You should be able to do it that way, but the email method works.
Carthrodan
private

Postby RandomHero » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:05 pm

I did not receive a mail, cant register atm
RandomHero
private

Postby Carthrodan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:52 pm

RandomHero wrote:I did not receive a mail, cant register atm

I just sent you Brin's email to try to sort it out.
Carthrodan
private

Postby Brindley U » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:54 am

Carthrodan wrote:

Yo. I needed to send a notification via email to unlock it so that people can follow the links. This was done, so it should be open. Let me know if there are any more issues. Ill chase up individuals that havent yet - and then once all lists are in- will release.
Brindley U
colonel

Postby Brindley U » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:58 am

Saieden wrote:Brin, could you please clarify the dimensions of the minefield with respect 6o various deployment zones?

Last year we had fixed deployment zones, where we played a spearhead assault for this mission and the field was a 24" band across the middle, a third of the board. If we apply it in similar way for the others it'll be half the board for long edge deployment, and about two thirds for opposite corner deployment. Is this the intent?

Also, if a unit is killed by the mines, does it count for "kill more" in the primary objective?

To the first question, it will be identical to last year.

So, imagine you're looking at the board long table to long table - then have a two 12" columns from the center - so a total thickness of 24" edge to edge of the mine-field.

Good question. If a unit is killed by the mines, it will count as a unit killed by the opponent and will count towards the primary kill more.
Brindley U
colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Tournament Announcements