Age of sigmar buildings

a place to talk about Warhammer Fantasy

Age of sigmar buildings

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:26 am

Okay, this here is just for Dracan. I'm thinking of you buddy, and for once this is not kings of war related.

Right, I had a look over this new terrain that GW's bringing out for age of just sigh.

I'm kinda torn here. Yes the gates look lekker. But I keep getting the feeling that these buildings are kinda overpriced and crappy for warhammer. It's kinda like the 40 buildings, where you only get a single corner, but at least the 40k stuff could be assembled to make whole buildings if you got enough boxes worth. This sigmar stuff cannot do that. And at 700+ rand a corner, I cannot be bothered.

I look at the garden of morr, and hot damn I love that set. You feel like you've actually got something in that box. Then you assemble it, and once you lay it out you realise its one of the best building sets out there because you can cover a lot of terrain with it and theme a decent chunk of table with it.

Sigmar gates? I dunno. I get the feeling that I've been cheated.

On the plus side though, the stuff would be GREAT for 40k.
I have this disease called "Awesome".
You wouldn't understand because you don't have it.
Captain Sensible
lieutenant-general

Re: Age of sigmar buildings

Postby steristumpie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Im a fantasy terrain addict actually 40k too), having every single fantasy piece GW has released in the last 10 years, some more than one of, except for the AoS stuff. And I dont know if I'll be spending money on it. Purely because to me it looks too fantastical. Never been a fan of high fantasy. Prefer is slightly "plausible" setting. Gothic style buildings, old manors ... that kinda thing.
steristumpie
sergeant

Re: Age of sigmar buildings

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:08 pm

To be honest, I don't like fantasy buildings as much as the 40k ones. I have that skullvane manse, and while I love the things aesthetic, its bloody useless. There is fokol you can do with it in game.

I far prefer the "high fantasy" as you call it. That crappy medieval hovel look is repellant. Gothic look is okay, up to a point, but I prefer other more interesting looks to be honest.
I have this disease called "Awesome".
You wouldn't understand because you don't have it.
Captain Sensible
lieutenant-general

Return to Warhammer Fantasy chat